Stick Skillz Academy is perfect for a young player who’s looking to hone their ball hockey skill. The goal of this program is to teach players ball hockey skills both on the rink and off the rink in a classroom setting. Parents of players can expect a program designed to outline the valuable skills their children will be learning throughout the six week program. Skills like:
- Shooting drills
- Passing drills
- Systems (power plays, penalty kills, breakouts etc.)
- Stick Handling
- Goalie specific drills
Where and When
- Stick Skillz Academy sessions will start Monday April 30th, 2018, and will continue to run weekly for 6 weeks.
- Sessions run from 5:30pm-6:30pm, and 6:30-7:30 at BHi Brantford (20 Edge St. Brantford, ON.) and BHi London (17B Clarke Rd, London, ON.)
Who Can Register
- Stick Skillz Academy is for any player age 6-15 looking to hone their skills in the great sport of ball hockey.
- Players will be separated into one of two age groups: 6-10, and 11-15.
- $60.00 will get you 6 full Stick Skillz Academy Sessions
- Our instructors include a variety of senior level ball hockey players who are committed to teaching our students a host of ball hockey skills and techniques. In the past our Academy Instructors have included players who have competed at such high levels as the World Ball Hockey Federation (WBHF) and the North American Ball Hockey Championships (NABHC) Tier 1 Division. Some instructors who have been involved in the past are:
One of Stick Skillz Academy’s Instructors, Chad Asselstine, demonstrates a Post Awareness & Rebound Control Drill in the video below.